Flameshield tanks are double wall steel aboveground storage tanks with interstitial monitoring capabilities. Flameshield tanks have been subjected to a 2 hour fire test. Flameshield tanks can be built in horizontal or vertical configurations. These tanks may be built with or without multiple compartments for multiple fuel storage. Flameshield tanks are built to UL-142 specifications and tested per Southwest Research Institute SwRI 97-04 requirements. Flameshield tanks are also built in accordance with the Steel Tank Institute's F-001-01 standard.
Modern is the only manufacturer in the world licensed to build a rectangular Flameshield tank with a height greater than 103 inches up to 168 inches and infinite length.
If your project is required to follow NFPA 30 or 30A guidelines…Check with your area "Authority Having Jurisdiction" related to maximum allowable tank capacity for the class fuel being stored and secondary containment requirements.
- 300 to 50,000 gallon capacity
- Underwriters Laboratories Construction, UL-142
- Secondarily contained construction configuration
- Also available in rectangular constructions up to 14 feet in height and infinite length
- Available with multiple compartments for multiple fuel storage
- Compatible with gasoline, diesel, fuel oil, ethanol, methanol and additives
- Lined internally for special applications, such as jet fuel or potable water storage
- Tanks may be supported on stationary saddles, or structural skid configurations
- Tanks available with pump platforms and accessories
- Fuel dispensing equipment available
- Material of construction may be carbon or stainless steel
Search our library to view product specifications, drawings and other related documents.Visit Product Library
Download our brochure to learn more about the features of this product and applications.Download Brochure