How is our quality?
Modern Welding Company is always interested in your feedback!
If you have any questions or comments for our Quality Assurance Department, email our QA Manager at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Quality Assurance Manager
Modern Welding Company's philosophy is to build a workplace where employees can work together as a team to provide quality products and services to its customers at a competitive price.
To continue this philosophy, we must commit ourselves to continuing technological upgrade and continuous training of all departments.
We have several standard Quality Control programs: the Pressure Vessel Quality Control Program encompasses codes such as ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing) and NBIC ( National Board Inspection Code). Structural Steel Quality Control Program includes codes such as AWS ( American Welding Society), ASTM (American Society for Testing Metals) and AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction). The Quality Control Program for tanks covers codes such as UL (Underwriters Laboratories), STI (Steel Tank Institute) and API (American Petroleum Institute).
Quality can be defined in several ways. Quality Assurance is the management activities that determine Quality policy, objectives and responsibilities and the research and development of Quality Control. Quality Control is the sum of the operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfill and verify the requirements of Quality Assurance. To assure compliance with quality objectives, we have developed the Modern Team Quality Management Program. Modern Team Quality Management is the involvement of all employees at all locations working together to provide the highest quality at the lowest cost.
Our greatest Quality Asset is our employees' personal quality standard. Modern Welding Company, Inc. believes our outstanding product is a direct result of our employees' dedication and teamwork.
Our commitment to continuous quality improvement will assist us in meeting our customers' needs into the 21st Century.
Quality Assurance System
- Level I, II, and III Inspectors are certified in accordance with ASNT SNT-TC-1A.
- Non-destructive Examinations are supervised by inhouse Level III examiners.
- Modern has in house AWS Certified Welding Inspector, AWS / CWI
- Welders are certified to ASME, AWS, or Modern Welding Specifications
- Written examinations are included in training
- Training is conducted by an AWS Certified Welding Educator
- Continual on-site review of:
- Welding procedures
- Welder qualifications
- Welder education utilizing the lastest technology
- VT = Visual Examination
- MT = Magnetic Particle Examination
- RT = Radiographic Examination
- PT = Penetrant Examination
- UT = Ultrasonic Examination
- LT = Leak Testing
Other Supporting Procedures
- Iron Contamination
- Repair Procedures
- Adhesion Testing
Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals
- SMAW = Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- GMAW = Gas Metal Arc Welding (spray)
- GMAW-S = Short Circuit Gas Metal Arc Welding
- GWAW-P = Pulsed Gas Metal Arc Welding
- FCAW-G = Gas Shielded Flux Cored Arc Welding
- FCAW-S = Self Shielded Flux Cored Arc Welding
- SAW = Submerged Arc Welding
- GTAW = Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- GTAW-P = Pulsed Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- SW = Arc Stud Welding
- OFW = Oxyfuel
- B = Brazing
- S = Soldering
- CAC-A = Air Carbon Arc Cutting
- PAC = Plasma Arc Cutting
- OFC-A = Oxyacetylene Gas Cutting
- OFC-N = Oxynatural Gas Cutting
- OFC-P = Oxypropane Gas Cutting
- Quality Audits are performed on all divisions at each subsidiary.
- Audits are performed by Modern Welding's corporate office.
- SPC is conducted on various operations.
- SPC results are reported to management.