- 300 to 50,000 gallon capacity
- Material of construction may be carbon or stainless steel
- Underwriters Laboratories Construction, UL-142
- Single or double wall steel configurations available
- Also available in rectangular constructions up to 24,000 gallons
- Available with multiple compartments for multiple fuel storage
- Modern's Steel Storage Tanks are compatible with gasoline, diesel,fuel oil, ethanol, methanol and additives
- Lined internally for special applications, such as jet fuel or potable water storage
- Tanks may be supported on stationary saddles, anti-roll stabilizers or structural skid configurations
- Tanks available with pump platforms and accessories
- Fuel dispensing equipment available
These are steel atmospheric tanks intended for aboveground storage of non-corrosive, stable, flammable, and combustible liquids that have a specific gravity not exceeding that of water. Maximum allowable working pressure is 0.5 psig as measured from top of tank.
Tanks can be furnished with stationary support saddles, anti roll supports or structural skids. Only new steel materials are used in tank constructions.
Each tank is sized with the appropriate normal and emergency vent openings as defined in the tank's standard of construction. Horizontal tanks may be single or double wall construction. If the tank is a double wall configuration, then it has interstitial monitoring capabilities. Tanks may also be built with or without multiple compartments for multiple fuel storage. Tanks are built to Underwriters Laboratories specification standard UL-142.