James Gray: Vice President / Subsidiary Manager
Bob Hume: Assistant Manager / Inside Sales
Ron Cloyd: Inside Sales
Carl Pearson: Outside Sales
Principle Products and Construction Standards
- Since 1932 Modern Welding has served the petroleum industry with fabricated steel products for upstream producers, midstream refiners and the downstream marketers and jobbers.
- Modern manufacturers aboveground steel storage tanks, ASME pressure vessels and custom carbon and stainless steel fabricated products serving the petroleum, chemical, agricultural, and other US industries across the nation.
- Atmospheric storage tank construction standards include:
- Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids; Underwriters Laboratories UL-142
- Oil Water Separators are built to Underwriters Laboratories construction standard, UL-2215
- Fire rated aboveground storage tanks are built to Southwest Research Institute fire testing criteria.
- Other recognized tank construction standards included in Modern's product line include American Petroleum Institute's, API-620, API-650-J and API-650. Tanks can also be built to the American Water Works, AWWA, M-42 and D100 standards.
- Pressure vessels can be built to ASME, Section VIII Division 1, "U" stamped certification. Modern also has "R" stamp certification to perform repairs and alterations to boilers and pressure vessels as issued the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- Modern manufacturers Liquefied Petroleum Gas vessels for propane, butane, anhydrous ammonia industries including dispensing equipment for associated service applications per CGA G.21 and NFPA-58.
Product names include:
- LPG Storage Vessels
- Modern's aboveground "IOC", Integrated Overflow Compartment tanks provide specialized overfill protection.
- SuperVault™ aboveground fire rated storage tanks.
- Kleerwater™ is Modern's underground and aboveground gravity displacement oil water separator line.
- Modern's AST-10, AST-20 and AST-40 are our complete aboveground fuel dispensing systems designed to meet a variety of fuel handling requirements.
- Other recognized tank construction standards include in Modern's product line is the American Petroleum Institute's, API-620, API-650-J and API-650. Tanks can also be built to the American Water Works, AWWA, M-42 and D100 standards.
- Storage tanks and vessels can be prepared with special linings or coatings as specified. These special coatings can be for jet fuel or potable water. Other special linings can be rubber or baked phenolic linings for special chemical handling applications.
- Other steel fabricated products include: Flotation pontoons for dredging operations, large diameter welded pipe, duct work, bins, hoppers, hydro-pneumatic tanks, potable water tanks and underground mining support arches.
Request for Quotes