2421 E. California Ave.
Fresno, CA 93721
Toll Free: (800) 800-8265
Phone: (559) 264-4741
Fax: (559) 237-3413
Subsidiary Survey No. 16
Email: [email protected]
James Gray: Vice President / Subsidiary Manager
Bob Hume: Assistant Manager / Inside Sales
Ron Cloyd: Inside Sales
Carl Pearson: Outside Sales
Principle Products and Construction Standards
Manufacturers of underground, aboveground, ASME pressure vessels and many other steel fabricated products serving the petroleum, chemical, agricultural, and other US industries across the nation.
Atmospheric storage tank construction standards include: Underwriter's Laboratories UL-58, UL-1746 and UL-142. Oil water separators are built to Underwriters Laboratories construction standard, UL-2215. Fire rated aboveground storage tanks are built to Underwriter's Laboratories, UL-2085 and Southwest Research Institute fire testing criteria. Modern's fuel dispensing systems utilize Underwriter's Laboratories, construction standards.
Pressure vessels can be built to ASME, Section VIII Division 1, "U" stamped certification. Modern also has "R" stamp certification to perform repairs and alterations to boilers and pressure vessels as issued the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
Product names include:
- Glasteel™,Glasteel II™, STIP3™, ACT-100, ACT-100-U, underground storage tanks.
- Modern's aboveground "IOC", Integrated Overflow Compartment tanks provide specialized overfill protection.
- STI's, F-921® are double wall aboveground storage tanks.
- SuperVault™ Fireguard™ and Flameshield, are aboveground fire rated storage tanks.
- Kleerwater™ is Modern's underground and aboveground gravity displacement oil water separator line.
- Modern's AST-10, AST-20 and AST-40 are our complete aboveground fuel dispensing systems designed to meet a variety of fuel handling requirements.
- Pourster™, Modern's Circular Refuse Containers, for public and municipal waste management handling and control.
- Other recognized tank construction standards include in Modern's product line is the American Petroleum Institute's, API-620, API-650-J and API-650. Tanks can also be built to the American Water Works, AWWA, M-42 and D100 standards.
- Storage tanks and vessels can be prepared with special linings or coatings as specified. These special coatings can be for jet fuel or potable water. Other special linings can be rubber or baked phenolic linings for special chemical handling applications.
- Other steel fabricated products include: Flotation pontoons for dredging operations, large diameter welded pipe, duct work, bins, hoppers, hydro-pneumatic tanks, potable water tanks and underground mining support arches.
Average Production per Month
Approximate Production Area
Production Areas: 85,000 sq. ft.
Production Area Crane Cap. Hook Height Cranes / Bay Max. Lifting
250' x 70' 10 tons 32' 2 20 tons
180' x 60' 10 tons 30' 2 20 tons
260' x 60' 5 tons 30' 1 8 tons
3 tons 30' 1
250' x 50' 3 tons 25' 2 6 tons
240' x 70'`` 3 tons 25' 2 6 tons
2. Outside building 266,000 sq. ft.
Maximum Lifting And Shipping Capacity
Approximate Rail or Truck Clearance out of City
Rail: Height 14 ft, Width 12 ft, Length 150 ft.
Truck: Height 14 ft, Width 12 ft, Length 110 ft.
Plate Roll Capacity (for Carbon Steel)
Width: 10 ft.
Thickness: 1 in.
Note: Maximum fabrication thickness is 1 5/8 in.
Railroad Southern Pacific
Water: Loading and unloading facilities at Oakland / San Francisco.
Truck : Company owned fleet and numerous common carriers
Organizational Breakdown (Averages)
Engineering personnel: 6
Shop personnel: 40
Qualified code welders: 25
Types of Material Fabricated
Authorized Inspection Agency
Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company
Non-Destructive Testing Facilities
X-ray - 300 KVP at 5 MA, with darkroom facilities
Magnetic particle - wet and dry
Stress Relieving Facilities
Blasting Cleaning and Coating Facilities
Shearing: Straight - 3/4" x 10 ft. and Rotary - 3/8" x 12 ft. dia.
Bending and Forming: 500 ton press brake and 3" x 3"x 3/8" Angle Roll
Welding Equipment: Manual, submerged arc, GMAW, GMAW-S, FCAW-G, FCAW-S, TIG